After ending last year in a stressed out daze, I’ve made a commitment (a new year’s resolution I guess?) to live 2016 more wholesomely. I actually really love to do the things that are good for me, but much of the time they’re pushed way down the priority list in favour of meeting deadlines. And that means I work too late, don’t exercise enough and eat take-out because it’s quicker than cooking.
My catch cry last year was ‘I don’t have the time’, and I’d like 2016 to be the year I do have time… time to cook proper meals, enjoy the beach, read a book, get to bed at a respectable hour and work on my garden.
I bought this mint plant as an attempt to kickstart this wholesome living deal – it’s a double-win because I can use it in my cooking AND it’ll help pretty up my yard. Fingers crossed it doesn’t die in the process (you all know what I’m like with plants!)
How’s 2016 coming along for you? Are you making any changes for the year ahead? I’d love to hear them (leave me a comment below!) and enjoy the links. 🙂
- MAKE – I love this gal’s printables, I love popcorn and this is a perfect combination of the two.
- WANT – These sneakers speak straight to my ‘I love shiny things’ inner child (via The Cut)
- LOVE – Do you think people would look at me weird if I took this to the beach?
- ART – Ahhh, this paper mural is so intricately beautiful.
- DRINK – Oh wow. The best looking non-alcoholic cocktail I think I’ve ever seen.
- RECAP – Doing a little DIYing? You’ll want to download this. Oh and don’t forget to pretty up your walls with these hot air balloons!