When your friends are as into craft as you are, it’s the perfect opportunity to get out of the house and flex those maker muscles, which is exactly what I did with my gal pals last weekend.
You’d think I’d be tired of making things given I do it every day for the blog, but crafting for fun is very different to doing it for work don’t you think? In fact, I enjoy these sessions so much that I just had to share my latest creation with you!
And yeah, I know this beaded necklace isn’t particularly original, but that’s partly why I like these crafternoons so much – I don’t have to try and be super clever with the things I make. Instead I can just sit and paint dots on beads for 2 hours while eating cake and chatting about life, and make myself something pretty that I’ll wear for six days straight (yes I did all those things). 🙂
Do you ever get together with your friends to do something that’s closely related to your job? And if you do, do you still find it enjoyable? Leave me a note below, I’d love to know. And before we break for the weekend, don’t forget to check out my favourite things from the week – there’s a lot of loveliness in them links below!
- EAT – Excuse me while I drool profusely over this stunning blood orange cake
- MAKE – This super cute cross body bag is easy on the eye and also the hip pocket
- WEAR – Gah, give me ALLLLL the sparkles
- STYLE – So much beautiful colour and texture in the 2017 Rochas Resort collection
- GROW – I reeeeallly want to make myself some of these, but the question is – can my brown thumb and I keep them alive?
- ART – Very much loving these beautiful still life artworks by Kimmy Hogan
- RECAP – When is rope not rope? When it’s made out of clay! Craft up some pretty rope bud vases with the tutorial in this month’s We Make Collective kit and don’t forget to add a little sugar to your screen with this donut desktop wallpaper!