Ooh, it’s been a while since I used gold leaf. The last time I tried my hand at it, I learned three important lessons:
- Don’t breathe too hard
- It gets easier (and better) with practice
- It’s difficult to form shapes!
The last point is the one I’ve been wanting to improve on for awhile, but it seems I lack the paintbrush skills to create anything other than large blobs. And while I’m totally on board with the abstract look most of the time, for this week’s project, I wanted my gold leaf application to be pretty precise.
Enter the gold leaf pen adhesive. Total genius! I was thrilled to find out about this stuff – it’s going to make it so much easier to apply gold leaf in fine lines and patterns. Which is exactly what I plan to do for Wednesday’s DIY. And while you’re waiting for that to roll around, I thought I’d leave you with some lovely ways to include this fab tool in your crafts…
- These bowls are what started my gold leaf obsession. I’m mesmerised by how vibrant the gold is, and the patterns are so elegant.
- Isn’t this a gorgeous idea for your wall? I love how easily the gold leaf can be worked to cover even the intricate little details in this art.
- This one’s definitely on my to-do list for Easter. Cute and pretty and tons of fun to make!